Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the wonderful welcoming aroma

First off I would like to thank Peter for the welcoming aroma of GARLIC whenever I enter my bedroom. Apparently he doesn't find the smell of 14 garlic cloves in a confined space that also happens to be a bedroom offensive. I, on the other hand, prefer not to walk into my only living quarters and be greeted by the reeking odor of garlic. You see, Peter gave us this long term art assignment the other day that consists of the following-


1) Each person in art and drawing is to purchase 7 cloves of garlic

2)Complete 4 compositions a week from now until the end of the program of the purchased garlic's

3)Each composition must be on high quality soft paper purchased from the art supply store in town, and not done in your sketch book that is already handy

4)The paper must be torn down to size and might be in the shape of a golden rectangle or a perfect square, whichever you prefer to draw in (no smaller than 16.1x18.0 cm)

5)The compositions might be placed anywhere in the square or also have a separate border drawn inside the sheet to provide extra structure to the piece. (one must keep in mind that presentation of the 'artwork' is taken into consideration when grading…)


So needless to say, my room will smell of garlic for the next 5 weeks and I pray that it doesn't permeate to everything else I own. I believe I will be quite the garlic drawing expert by the end of this and according to Peter I might even be able to draw them in my sleep! Who would have thought that I would leave Provo a useless artist and come home a garlic expert?! Well watch out Provo cause you have some real masterpieces coming your way!

1 comment:

lyn. said...

WOW! I don't like the smell of garlic either...
I can't imagine living with it for five weeks!

Can you alter the garlic gloves in any way?
I hear that peeled and washed cloves don't smell near as strong...