Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spontaneous Rendezvous.




{please excuse the horrible photo arrangement...blogger is sooo frustrating!}


Timeline:
12:15-my english class starts
12:30-Gavin: hey what are you doing at 2?
12:35-Me: getting out of class and eating lunch, why?
12:36-Gavin: my parents aren't using their les miserables tickets, do you want them? show starts at 2.
12:38-Me: Mom!!! wanna go to les mis right now??
12:39-Mom: YES!!!
12:40-Me: Gav! We want them!

and so begins the day of spontaneity and wonderfulness. i booked it out of class so fast, but realized i was still in scrubs from my morning shift at work. mom raced to my house and i ripped off my clothes, found the first skirt and shirt that matched and ran out the door with my boots in hand. we drove as fast as we could to salt lake city and got there right at 2. {we had to drive 70 mph the whole way, despite our rush because we got stuck in the oldandgutless car.} we still had to park so we missed the first ten minutes, sadly, but the remaining 3 hours were incredible! it was opening day, and it was fantastic. i have wanted to see it for sooo long! the music was absolutely amazing.

after the show we walked a couple blocks over for an early lunch at MARKET STREET GRILL. they have delicious fish and chips, and i hear their clam chowder is todiefor {according to my mother}. my personal favorite is the market street house dessert. its comprised of vanilla bean haagen-dazs, sabayon sauce {bitter rum custard}, and fresh berries. Delicious!

then we stopped over to Gateway for some Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters goodness. I snagged a cute $20 skirt at anthro, and my mom got a really cute light switch cover. overall, the day was a success. great entertainment, good food, wonderful atmosphere, and delightful company. i loved exploring SLC with "the mama".

No comments: