Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"i'm bored...fix it."

This weekend was filled with lots of wonderful events. Friday I got to hang out with some of my bestest friends, Gavin and his wife Lacey. We went on a big group date and had a wonderful time! What can be better than good company, La Jolla Groves, and Yogurtland all put together in one night?

Saturday was all sorts of craziness. I woke up early in the morning and went to our Stake Relief Society Day of Service. We were reminded that as we serve we forget ourselves and increase our happiness. Afterward, I raced up to my good friend, Heather's, baby shower. She has little boy Cohen on the way. I am so excited for her and Kevin to be parents! {Kevin just finished the MCAT so luckily he will get to enjoy the last few weeks of Heathers pregnancy before Cohen comes!}


{cutest "wish" tree at Heather's shower}


After the shower, a bunch of us went up to the National College Rugby Championship game. We got to watch BYU battle it out with Cal for the title, unfortunately we lost. There's always next year! The game was still a lot of fun and the boys played hard. We set a record for largest college rugby crowd in the United States with 13,000 fans in attendance!

{my roommie Karen and I at the game!}

A couple days later, I made another trip to Yogurtland. It was heaven. This time my lovely friend Alyssa came. She always knows just how to make me laugh. She just got her mission call...to Anchorage, Alaska! I'm so excited for her, but I will miss her terribly.

{Alyssa wearing my glasses. <3}

Now back to the monotony of the week. Looking forward to another weekend. Hopefully it brings as much happiness as the last one.

No comments: