Wednesday, September 10, 2008

peter peter peter

So second day of classes today. Wow. I am totally convinced that INTRO to art and drawing might be the death of me. On top of the other homework he just piled it on…and also said that he is a tough grader. Grrreat. Everything is on a scale of 1-10 and he said a 10 is wonderful and magnificent and a perfect work of art. Ya right! I have no hope. Well maybe I glimmer that I might pull out some 7-9's but that’s for sure as good as its gonna get. Haha I think he gave all of us a good scare--hopefully we can all pull through and survive. But the watercolor class started today and I was very pleased that I ended up with all the colors I needed for a complete set except for one--which I traded one of my extra colors for so that felt good to get that all sorted out. I really think I am going to love the watercolor class! We started making a color wheel today and a color chart which was exciting just to be able to get better acquainted with the colors and how they mix. Overall today was a great day in Siena and it feels good to start to get to know the city more. I was able to walk all the way home and back to the school alone without a map with no problems. I am even starting to learn some of the places that are cheaper or sell better things with is pretty exciting. I found a very lovely fruit store that sells delectable peaches for 1.80 euro/kg which is way better than the other places I have seen. I am totally in love with Siena. This is the most wonderful opportunity. I am also starting to really like Fiorella and Giuseppe more as well--we found out today (after playing pictionary and lots of repetition) that a student from Germany will be joining us on Sunday. Hopefully she speaks english because if she doesn't we would have 3 completely different languages being spoken in the same house with no one able to understand the other. That could cause some problems! Dinner tonight was really good and actually tasted similar to things I am used to eating at home. We started off with a rice and zucchini casserole type dish and then had cooked fish in an egg batter and potatoes that tasted like french fries. Very yummy. We gave our family their gifts tonight and I am happy to announce that it went over very well! They really liked the pictures of Utah in the book that I gave them and I was even able to show them where my house is in one of the pictures! So fun. Overall we get along pretty well with them and I am starting to feel more settled here which is good.

2 comments:

lyn. said...

So, what about the Italian lessons? If you learn that, then there will only be a two language barrier... lol

Do you remember when we made color wheels in 4th grades?

lyn. said...

P.S. OK, I read the last post first, but now I know about the Italian |-: