Wednesday, September 10, 2008

life

Upon arriving home we stowed our few groceries in the fridge (both my items labeled with "sibley" because we still haven't figured out a way to explain to them that my first name is in fact karli and autumn is her first name. On the counter was a bag of vegetables that looked like they could be for dinner…I might have to exercise some great self control on this meal. I guess we will see when that time comes around.

Fiorella has developed a habit of yelling strange things. Like this afternoon for example- she arrived home at 7:00 pm and began shouting something that sounded similar to the english word "people". However, Autumn and I were not quite clear if that is for us, the cat's name, or something else totally unrelated. We decided to stay quite and guessed that if she needs us she would come knock right? We also came home to find notes- scribbled in italian- left on our bedroom window sill and on top of the dresser. We assume that the one on the sill was due to the fact that we forgot to shut the window today, and we also discovered that they have this shade device that can be lowered over the window as well. I'll take that as lesson #1 when living with the Tadei family. Note #2 might possibly have something to do with the door? But I really have no idea considering the handwriting is barely legible, let alone understandable. We will have to take them with us to school tomorrow and have them translated.

Right now I am experiencing quite a funny moment I feel must be documented. Giuseppe is hollering up the stairs for us…"lyman!" haha oh boy. Apparently they had been calling for us for a couple minutes--they could just walk up the stairs and get us…but no. I guess they just call us until we come. Oh and tonight at dinner we found out that the dog's name is Pipo--hence the yelling when Fiorella gets home. They absolutely love that thing.

Dinner tonight consisted of a very spicy (or as Autumn referred to it at dinner tonight "picante??") spaghetti for the first course and the second was another fun mystery veggie! It was called finocchi and pretty much tasted like an onion. I tried to stomach it by putting it on top of my bread with some fresh mozzarella cheese--it worked pretty well and I was able to eat enough to satisfy Fiorella. After dinner she brought out some fruit and I had yet a very delicious white peach…so so good. I'm really loving the fresh fruit here in italy. I feel like I am being spoiled and I don't know what I will do when I get back home! During dinner they tried to communicate something about eating on a future date but neither of us was able to figure out what it all meant. Hopefully its nothing that’s super important. Well now that I have showered and rinsed the day off I am ready for bed. Class starts at 8:30 in the a.m.! Peter will be the death of me I swear. Class was originally at 8 but luckily the school doesn't open until 8:30 so he was forced to push it back, thank goodness. Ciao!

1 comment:

lyn. said...

Isn't amazing how the spirit can communicate in any language...