Sunday, September 25, 2011

What was I thinking?


Well, today marked my third Sunday in the District. For those of you who don't know, that is what locals call Washington D.C. It makes me sound more official...I guess. It's been great, don't get me wrong. But sometimes I still have moments where I think to myself, "WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!". I have made it a goal to start documenting my life here, because it is pretty incredible. I know it is going to be the most amazing adventure ever. I have already learned so much about myself. Like how I try really really hard to not revert to my inner shy personality. But when a stranger from my new ward acts like a wild animal and sniffs me, I kind of freak out. Personal bubble?? I would love to share more in this post, but really should get to bed. I have been horrible at adjusting to the new time zone. But maybe it has something to do with the fact that all my friends and family seem to think 10 pm their time is a great time to call me. Never mind that it is midnight here in Alexandria and I would really like to start my day at a reasonable hour. Of course, I also answer, so it is equally my fault.

*picture taken of the Capitol building via my phone+retrocam app

No comments: