Thursday, January 28, 2010

everything.

so the past couple weeks I have been trying, key word trying, to be more fit. The first couple weeks I made it running once a week--good start right? But then this week I have already gone twice! With plans to go at least one more time. I am feeling pretty good about things--my legs and lungs are starting to agree a lot more with me. I was able to run a whole 2.5 miles! Woohoo! I am really hoping that I can stay motivated and actually, seriously, for reals get in shape this year. Another thing that I am really proud of doing-----ready for it?----I went to the dentist! Its been about 5 years, I know what you are thinking..."thats a long time!". I agree with you, it was a long time. But I just for some reason could not bring myself to go because the last time I went didn't go so well and ended in an anxiety attack and tears. No fun. But this last trip, although not enjoyable, did go well. I love my new dentist.

Tonight was wonderful. For the first time since I have been home I tasted authentic italy! Oh goodness was it magical. We got a group of girls together and all went here for dinner. I cannot describe the memories that came flashing back as my taste buds went crazy for the familiar tastes they have missed for so long. I cannot describe the feeling, and the pizza probably wouldn't be quite as amazing if you haven't had the real thing before, but it was delightful. I will go back. Not only was it authentic Italian Pizza but the pictures, people, and atmosphere were delightful as well. I can go to sleep happy and satisfied tonight with Italian pizza in my tummy and my legs feeling strengthened from my run. I think I can face tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Ok, so I just found your blog! So cute! Tonight was wonderful, can't wait for next Thursday!

gigi said...

I'm so glad you found Terra Mia, and I know exactly what you mean about the tastes bringing back memories. It's so great. I think you and I need to go to Italy together sometime, or at least to Terra Mia.

lyn. said...

Who is your new dentist? I need a new one...

karli-alyn said...

lauren--haha dinner was delightful! we need to do it again soon.

maggie---please can we go to italy? i'm so homesick for it.

mrs. chapman--his name is corbin matthews...its at cougar dental. he is wonderful :)