Saturday, November 1, 2008

final projects

As our time here in Siena is winding down, the art projects are piling up. Luckily, I was productive today and got the first of a three part series done for my drawing class. I had a hard time trying to figure out what I was going to do and finally decided I would do a series of value-only drawings. Meaning, that I only use shading to represent an object and no lines. I went to the fruit store just down the street from my school to pick out a few items and my eye was caught by some pretty intriguing peppers. I purchased two and I am very pleased with them. My first picture is of only one of them nice and big and I have yet to arrange how I will do the next two. I spent a good 5 hours working on it and I am finally satisfied with the outcome. It feels good to have a start on them and hopefully Peter likes them, considering these final three pieces are worth a huge chunk of my grade. Now I only have 4 watercolors, 8 garlics, a critique/analyses of a work of art, and the 2 remaining pepper drawings. Not to mention any extra credit I might work on or re-works. I don’t really know where I am going to find the time to fit this all in on top of studying for my Italian and Humanities finals as well as doing some last minute traveling, sight seeing, souvenir shopping, and a whole list of various activities yet to be crossed off my to-do list. Obviously they will all get done, I am just going to have to utilize my time efficiently during the next 2 weeks. I sometimes wish I could freeze time, or at least slow it down a little. But even when I tell Time to slow down he doesn't obey ,turns out he isn’t a very good listener.

2 comments:

lyn. said...

Do they have Daylight Savings Time in Italy? If so you will gain one hour tonight... :-)

If not, good for the Italians... :-D

Are you ever going to post pictures of some of your projects? I would love to see them... you know see if I can detect any Draw Squad in them... LOL

karli-alyn said...

ya they have daylight savings, but we actually already did it last week. so unfortunately i already gained my hour of sleep.
haha i will think about adding pictures. i'm kind of shy when it comes to sharing my art--i'm no art major to say the least!